Blood Rose Manor
March 28, 2024, 06:20:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Windmill's Passions

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windmill's Passions  (Read 179 times)
Windmill

Badges: (View All)
« on: November 12, 2008, 11:41:18 am »

Astronomy. How I love the night sky!  Been doing this since around 12 years old.  My parents used to get mad at me
with a telescope on the roof, but I didn't fall off.  Gone though several telescopes in my day.  Would like to get a 4 inch
reflecting Meade one of these days.

Bike riding.  Usually a spring and summer fad, my son loves to hit the little league diamonds not that far away from my home.
He's got one of those dirt bikes and I got a 18 speed tank.  Wouldn't have it any other way!

Baseball.  My family grew up on this.  My dad was a minor league baseball player in the International and American Association leagues
in the 40's and 50's.  I developed late. Wasn't too good as a little leaguer but when I got to high school and college is when I finally got
good.  Played baseball and softball for 30 plus years.  Now I've been an umpire for 19 years now.  Never got away from the game. I love
the Philadelphia Phillies and we finally won a champsionship after 28 years.

Sports in general.  I lean more towards the amateur ranks nowadays.  Professional sports has gotten a bit out of hand and it requires
moola to go see an event.

Posting on board like this.  I started on the old sci-fi early in the decade and sort of filtered though several of them till I wound up here.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

MissyPittyKitty

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 01:53:27 am »

Well, windmill, I can't say I was much of a baseball fan, but in grade school I loved to
play softball -- I was the catcher! Then in high school, as I was running to catch a ball, and looking up, of course, I ran into a piece of machinery on the field! I have the scar to this day. No lawsuit.

So my sporting event is horseracing - can't help it - raised in  it!

Come on, Memory Gift! She wins again!
Report Spam   Logged
Windmill

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 12:24:33 pm »

Horseracing is an interesting hobby.

Seems like everytime I take Daisy (my bulldog) out for a walk or attempt (and I do use that term loosely)
to ride my bike, I keep tearing scar tissue from my knee that I had recent surgery on. It hurts like hell but
it also feels good getting that range of motion back. No swelling or the such. Just a grinding sound and a pop.

The true test will be in the spring when I try to run on it again.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: