Blood Rose Manor
March 29, 2024, 10:49:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Rev. Joseph Lowery's Inaugural benediction

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rev. Joseph Lowery's Inaugural benediction  (Read 152 times)
blueyes
Crown holder
Royalty

Badges: (View All)
Seventh year Anniversary Search Sixth year Anniversary
« on: January 24, 2009, 04:27:18 pm »

We have witnessed some of the most blatant racism in our country over the last few months and it has gone totally unchecked.  I am talking about the racism against white people.

Rev. Joseph Lowery's Inaugural benediction yesterday:

"Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get back, when brown can stick around, when yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man, and when white will embrace what is right." 

So in a Presidential Inauguration, a man prayed that "white will embrace what is right."  He prayed that about a whole people group lumping all white people into one group and saying they needed to embrace what was right.  That indicates that white people currently don't embrace what is right.

What would have been the reaction if any other people group was singled out other than white people?  There would have been a storm of controversy.  The president would be forced to denounce the statement.

http://tinyurl.com/8gnn7b
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 06:50:33 pm by cloudddae » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tuberavens

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 05:20:14 pm »

I understand your point about this I have said before we are all the same in till people realize that they are all dumb asses

Report Spam   Logged
Camillusk

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 06:44:41 pm »

I had to vote 'other'. I can totally understand why the afro-american or the presidential race is so proud. (this is a tangent, but I'm not even sure how to refer to the race anymore. I have black friends that are offended when I refer to blacks as 'african americans', and I have friends that think it isn't right to be called 'blacks') There is nothing wrong with being proud of your heritage and I can't relate I suppose because I'm white, BUT I do have a problem with reverse discrimination and revenge. As far as I'm concerned, there is A LOT more negative history than just the challenges that were faced by the black race. I mean racism doesn't just apply to one race. That is what I have a problem with. Why does one present itself as more important than any other?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: