Blood Rose Manor
April 19, 2024, 02:17:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

DC pulls issue of Superman

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DC pulls issue of Superman  (Read 166 times)
Ikarus
Chef de Cuisine

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: September 19, 2008, 05:22:15 pm »

DC has pulled an issue of Action Comics featuring Superman from their publication schedule, apparently because the issue was drawn to have Clark Kent having a beer with his adoptive father Jonathan Kent.

DC apparently doesn't want Clark Kent/Superman depicted as having a beer with his father.  Despite the fact that :  1.  Very few kids buy comic books any more 2.  Superman is over 30 years old in the books and 3.  His Kryptonian physiology prevents him from getting drunk anyway.

In the original Superman movie featuring Chris Reeve Superman tells Lois Lane that he "never drinks when he flies".  But in Superman II he shares champaigne with Lois.

If the bulk of the audience of Action Comics were still kids I might see this as being a problem, but since it isn't I am left wondering what DC's problem is.
In the various Superman movies he had pre-marital sex with Lois Lane (Superman II), had champagne with Lois (Superman II), fathered an illegitimate child with Lois (Superman Returns), and played God by turning back time and saving Lois' life (Superman I).
Drinking a beer is a no-no however.

Alternately, what was cut from Superman Returns was a sub plot that Jimmy Olsen was gay.  The script was written and filed with Jimmy being gay.  The bar Jimmy took Clark to the day Clark returned to the Daily Planet was a gay bar (notice only men were in the bar) and the bar tender in the bar was Jack Larson, the "Adventures of Superman" Jimmy Olsen who has come out as being gay in real life. 

Drinking beer in the comics and Jimmy being gay in the films is not allowable.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Saffi

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 12:57:11 pm »

Well we all should know Clark was a normal kid and made some strange choices so tipping a beer should be allowed and Jimmy being Gay we kinda caught that drift over the years.
Report Spam   Logged
Tuberavens

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 01:17:13 pm »

In smallville Jimmy Olson proposed to Chloe
Report Spam   Logged
Ikarus
Chef de Cuisine

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 06:56:00 pm »

In the season premiere this past Thursday Chloe gave Jimmy her answer.

Report Spam   Logged

Saffi

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 01:27:18 pm »

I have some catching up to do.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: