Blood Rose Manor
April 19, 2024, 07:14:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Are Video Game Predators After Your Children?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Video Game Predators After Your Children?  (Read 275 times)
Ambrossia

Badges: (View All)
« on: August 17, 2012, 01:05:01 am »

Aye Reist, it's like the whole germ issue "You have to steralize this.. don't let your child play in the dirt, they'll catch germs!.. blah blah blah"
My ex mother in law was like that at the beginning of her grandson's life. Don't get me wrong, I loved her, still do.. she's an awesome lady. But I had to actually put my foot down and tell her that if he doesn't get all germed up now, he's going to be prone to sickness when he gets older!

To me, sitting your child down and just talking, not preaching, not warning.. but just talking with them on a day to day basis on what's out there is not only needed in this time and age, but is prudent if you want them to succeed in life. I pretty much let my son watch or play what he wants, cause he actually talks to me about stuff that unnerves him. I have a pretty shady history, and I've been totally up front with him about it.. and in turn, he's always come to me about stuff he could never talk about with friends or other family members.

Yes, there are games where you can reach kids and lure them into.. whatever.. but a stalker, molester.. worse.. can do that at the library too! It's not hard to get a kid to trust you, especially if you watch them for a few.

Knowledge is power.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: