Blood Rose Manor
July 18, 2024, 01:30:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Halloween Class Assignment Gets Kid Sent For Psych Eval.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Halloween Class Assignment Gets Kid Sent For Psych Eval.  (Read 99 times)
blueyes
Crown holder
Royalty

Badges: (View All)
« on: November 03, 2008, 11:30:52 am »

Fifth-grader Jordan Hood thought the bloody vampire he drew in art class was scary, but he had no idea it would elicit a horrifying response from one of his teachers.

Tuesday morning, Jordan was assigned to draw a scary Halloween mask in art class.

By the end of the day, Jordan was being told he could not return to Pooler Elementary School until he passed a psychological evaluation.
The picture was not destined for the cover of Fangoria magazine, but it fulfilled the requirement for fifth-grade Halloween art.

However, when Jordan’s homeroom teacher, Melissa Pevey, saw the drawing, she found it disturbing. Pevey was concerned enough to contact assistant principal Valerie Johnson and Campus Police.

But it wasn’t blood and gore that bothered Pevey. She believed the blood looked a lot like gang-related teardrop tattoos, and she thought the words “I Kill For Blood” could be tied to an infamous Los Angeles street gang known as The Bloods.

His mother said, “They told me the droplets could actually be a gang symbol for the number of people he killed,” she said.

Don’t do the assignment, get in trouble. Do the assignment, get in worse trouble that may affect the rest of your life. Kid can’t win against idiots.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Davagator
Headmaster/Governess

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 03:28:24 pm »

oh brother.... people are getting so paranoid.
Report Spam   Logged

Camillusk

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 12:06:01 pm »

I can understand if the teacher was concerned, but a psych eval?! Jeebus.
Report Spam   Logged
blueyes
Crown holder
Royalty

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 12:26:04 pm »

He did what she asked the class to do...The teacher sounds like the one who needs evaluated, IMO
Report Spam   Logged

Camillusk

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 06:42:04 pm »

I agree!  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: