Blood Rose Manor
July 22, 2024, 01:05:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Not Your Average Orange Slice

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not Your Average Orange Slice  (Read 70 times)
blueyes
Crown holder
Royalty

Badges: (View All)
« on: December 28, 2008, 07:19:55 pm »

Jello shots in little plastic cups? Boring.
Jello shots in citrus fruit shapes? Wicked cool.

My orange jello mixture was as follows: 2 packets Jell-O (one orange and one lemon), 2/3 cup raspberry vodka, 2/3 cup hot water.

My green jello mixture was way too soft and didnít hold its shape. That mixture was: 1 packet Jell-O (lime), 2/3 cup apple vodka, 2/3 cup hot water. Lesson learned, double the gelatin mixture for solid fruits.

I sliced each orange half into thirds. I did this out of habit (thatís how I slice oranges), but I probably should have just cut each one in half. The more cuts you make per orange half, the more strain you put on the jello. This means that some slices will come out super ugly from being smooshed.

Keep an even hand while you slice these. Otherwise, the jello will be jagged and less pretty.

Orange halves fit nicely into a standard cupcake tin, but lemon halves are too small. Stuff the tin with a bunch of wadded-up paper towels to accomodate this difference.

Cleaning out the orange rinds is very tedious. Also, donít do it if you have any papercuts, or it will sting like none other.

The leftover orange/lemon pulp can be tossed in the blender with some sugar, booze, and Kool-Aid to make an easy party punch and not waste those oranges and lemons.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: