Blood Rose Manor
May 23, 2024, 10:13:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
  Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Common Household Items Hazardous to Small Animals

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Common Household Items Hazardous to Small Animals  (Read 159 times)
blueyes
Crown holder
Royalty
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 7774




Badges: (View All)
« on: August 01, 2009, 01:58:45 pm »

The following items are all dangerous to some degree if ingested, nibbled, or placed in contact with your pet. Some can cause death almost instantly. Others may cause only a mild reaction, but it is best to remove them from any areas where they would be in contact with your small pet.

Acetaminophen
Acetone
Alcohol
Ammonia
Antifreeze
Aspirin
Bleach
Boric acid
Brass cleaner
Caffeine
Camphophenique
Carbon monoxide
Charcoal lighter
Chlorine
Chocolate
Christmas tinsel
Coffee
Cola
Copper cleaner
Corn removers
Crayons
Deodorants
Deodorizers
Detergents
Disinfectants
Drain cleaner
Dry cleaning fluid
Easter-basket grass
Fabric dye
Fabric softener
Flea/tick products
Floor polish
Furniture polish
Gasoline
Gun cleaner
Gun powder
Hair dyes
Herbicides
Insecticides
Iodine
Kerosene
Laxatives
Lead
Lighter fluid
Lye
Matches
Medicines
Mineral spirits
Model glue
Mothballs
Muriatic acid
Nail polish
Oven cleaner
Paint
Paint remover
Paint thinner
Perfume
Perm solutions
Pesticides
Photo solution
Pine oil
Plants
Poisons (duh)  Roll Eyes
Polish remover
Raw meat
Rubbing alcohol
Shaving cream
Shaving lotion
Shoe polish
Silver polish
Sleeping pills
Snail bait
Soaps
Solvents
Spot remover
Spray starch
Sulfuric acid
Suntan lotions
Super Glue
Tar
Toilet bowl cleaner
Turkey bones
Turpentine
Wart remover
Wax
Weed killer
Window cleaner
Wood preservative
Wood stain
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Saffi
Guest

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 02:08:50 pm »

I honestly didn't know about chocolate till my sister freaked when I tried to give her rotty some  ugly You can read about the why not to here. http://www.dogownersdigest.com/news/library/chocolate-dog-poisoning.shtml

Thanks for this post Cloudddae!  Afro
Report Spam   Logged
blueyes
Crown holder
Royalty
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 7774




Badges: (View All)
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 03:18:59 pm »

I`m amazed at what some people feed their pets!
BIL, feeds his pork chop and chicken bones. I have to keep a close eye on my two, they want to steal them. Bud says he`s been feeding the dog these bones for years, and his dog eats carefully.


(When Bud leaves the room, I sneak the bones into the trash.)
Report Spam   Logged

Saffi
Guest

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 12:11:16 pm »

 Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum
Powered by SMF | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
Privacy Policy