Blood Rose Manor
June 22, 2024, 06:19:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Store sues Oprah's mom for unpaid bill

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Store sues Oprah's mom for unpaid bill  (Read 92 times)
Saffi

Badges: (View All)
« on: September 07, 2008, 01:14:28 pm »

The relationship seems slightly complex.....

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1077/is_n12_v48/ai_13275733/pg_3

That statement only hints at the complexity of Oprah's relationship with her mother, Vernita Lee, who never married Oprah's father and, says Oprah, "carried me in shame."

"Fourteen years later, I did the exact same thing my mother had done," says Oprah. And the eerily similar circumstances of their pregnancies do not escape her. "I hid my pregnancy until the day the child was born," she says. "And I named all of the people who could have possibly been responsible . . . . My mom did the same thing."

Though Oprah insists she no longer blames her mother for any of her problems ("She was a young Black woman on welfare struggling with three kids, so I know she acted out of her own pain"), she admits she is just now coming to terms with the well of sadness their relationship has left inside her.

"I found out through doing this book that my mother lived in the house with me the first 4 1/2 years of my life, but I have no recollection of that," says Oprah, who grew up on her maternal grandmother's Mississippi farm before being shipped off to live with her mother Milwaukee at age 9. "I see pictures of me with her but as far as I'm concerned it's somebody else's child."

In the, years Oprah lived with her mother before she sent Oprah to Nashville to live with her
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: