Blood Rose Manor
June 25, 2024, 01:44:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Obama

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 447 times)
blueyes
Crown holder
Royalty

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 02:21:00 pm »

I thought you had to be in school to get a facebook account... Thanks for explaining.  Afro
Report Spam   Logged

Tuberavens

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 06:00:51 am »

I keep getting A bad feeling about this guy
Report Spam   Logged
tatman
Royalty

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 07:02:04 am »

yup me to
Report Spam   Logged

Ikarus
Chef de Cuisine

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 07:06:06 am »

This is just my opinion but I feel the reason why the media has had a "hands off" position towards Obama is because they wanted the story to be "First African American Elected President".  To print stories negative towards Obama would be working against that story.  In fact, that's why the headlines and stories are all talking about.

However, after he's in office I suspect the media will be less likely to give Obama a pass on some of the things they ahve been ignoring.
Report Spam   Logged

Tuberavens

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 07:15:10 am »

I agree with you
Report Spam   Logged
Nazarene4Life
Royalty

♥♥♥ /)(o3o)(\ ♥♥♥

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 07:36:50 am »

well.... now we're stuck with him.... hopefully he'll prove us wrong and do something good
Report Spam   Logged

SilverWlf's Gurl.
http://www.facebook.com/nazarene4life
Twitter: @nazarene4life
tatman
Royalty

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 07:41:14 am »

i hope so
Report Spam   Logged

blueyes
Crown holder
Royalty

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 10:37:42 am »

This is just my opinion but I feel the reason why the media has had a "hands off" position towards Obama is because they wanted the story to be "First African American Elected President".  To print stories negative towards Obama would be working against that story.  In fact, that's why the headlines and stories are all talking about.

However, after he's in office I suspect the media will be less likely to give Obama a pass on some of the things they ahve been ignoring.

I believe you`re right about that, Loki. Wait until the luster fades. The media will be on him, like stink on .... fill in the blank...

Hopefully he will do a good job, as Skilletkitten said.
We might as well stand behind our new President. Like it or not, he is who the majority wanted.
Report Spam   Logged

Ikarus
Chef de Cuisine

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 11:00:29 am »

On another forum I post at they were saying according to sources Obama is very much concerned with his "legacy" and that he not be a one term President.  If he's smart, and apparently he is intelligent, he will realize that he cannot add a bunch of new and expensive programs without cutting government spending to equal what's being added.  Every resource which has examined his economic plans have stated that he cannot fund all of his programs without tapping into tax increases from everyone, not just those he considers having "too much money".

It's very possible he will end up cutting back on his grand plans, possibly claiming the economy has to improve before he can proceed.  His main goal now is to become re-elected...if the economy does not improve then that's next to impossible.  The economy is what brought down Jimmy Carter (remember Reagan's "Are you better off now than you were four years ago" question), George H. W. Bush and McCain (who was consistently tied to the George W. Bush administration by Obama).  If, ion four years,people do not feel economically they are doing better Obama will be washed out of office.
Report Spam   Logged

blueyes
Crown holder
Royalty

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2008, 11:13:39 am »

That sounds reasonable....Time will tell.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: